Comment Backlinks !!!
Ever heard about them? Do you build them? Are they Junk and Useless? How to Create them? How to rank using Comment Backlinks?
I will be answering many such questions in this article.
- 1 What are Comment Backlinks?
- 2 Can Comment Backlinks Really Rank your Blog?
- 3 How to Find Sites to build comment backlinks?
- 3.1 Find Comment Backlink Sources by Spying Others
- 3.2 Find Websites to Comment using Google Dorks
- 3.3 Find Comment Backlink Sources by using DropMyLink
- 3.4 Comment Backlinks List
- 4 How to Create Comment Backlinks
- 5 My Final Thoughts on Blog Comment Backlinks
Comment Backlinks are those that you create for your website by commenting on other blogs/websites
Almost every blog has a comment section where they ask you for your name, email id, “WEBSITE URL” and a comment. Once you fill all the fields and submit the button, the comment gets published or goes under review.
Once the comment goes live, you can see the link of your website/blog linked to your name.
There can be multiple types of comment backlinks, Some of them are:
The most common form!!
You get a backlink linked to your name. Most of the websites have this thing enabled. 🙂
Some Bloggers use a plugin called “CommentLuv” to attract readers to leave a comment. This is a win-win situation for both the blog owner and the person who comments.
The blog articles get more comments as the readers leave comments for the fact that they will be getting a good looking link back to their site.
The most spammy form is this !!
There are certain sites that allow the readers to use HTML tags in the comment box. This attracts bloggers to leave a link with anchor text.
So these were some common types.
Note that the links made from comments can be Dofollow or Nofollow. Most of the blogs have switched to nofollow; which means you will be getting a nofollow backlink.
But there are plenty of websites that still allow dofollow links.
Moreover, nofollow links aren’t that bad either. I have written a complete article explaining the benfits of Nofollow links.
Resource: How to Check Nofollow-Dofollow Backlinks without checking Source code
Ahh, this is going long 😛 300 words and I have explained only about what are Comment Backlinks 😛
Anyways, don’t curse… There’s a “table of contents” above for the same reason…
A YES and a NO !! That’s my answer to this.
It all depends on the competition you are playing with. And also on the quality of Comment links.
You must be knowing about Event blogging ??
If you check event blogs ranking on Google, you will still find over 70% of ranked blogs having “Comment Backlinks” along with few other types of links. Even I rank event blogs with just comment links.
Not only event blogs, many low or medium competition keywords can be ranked with comment backlinks, provided you play smartly.
Number of links doesn’t matter, its the quality that matters.
So what are quality Comment links? Here are some factors you can consider while making comment backlinks for SEO purposes.
- The page must have Less number of OBL (Outbound links) in comments – Avoid making links on pages with 50+ comments.
- The domain must not be spammy with Po*n or Gambling links
- It’s better to check the DA of the site. Above 30 DA sites are relatively good. (Use MOZbar Extension or any other extension to see the DA on the page itself).
- Sites that requires user login to comment are considered better since they are not spammed much.
No need to check other factors, or else you will be stuck in analyzing each and every link. I follow only the above factors and it works out well for me.
A good question !!
There can be many ways to find blogs where you can create comment backlinks. I cannot list them all, but the best ones are listed below:
One good way is to collect the sources by checking link profiles of various other blogs. Make a list of first 5-6 ranked blogs for your keyword and start checking their backlink profiles.
This way you can easily get good sources to comment on.
The tools that you can use are:
- OpenlinkProfiler (FREE)
If you can’t find sources from the links of your competitors, then simply pick an event (example: Mothers Day) and search for the backlinks of the blogs that are ranking for the event keywords. You can search for keywords like
- “Event Name + Year + Wishes”
- “Event Name + Year + Wallpapers”
However, this method can take time since you may have to manually filter out the links.
No problem :p I have more methods for you..
Find Websites to Comment using Google Dorks
You can call Google Dorks as special methods of searching on Google which helps you to filter out all the results that you don’t require.
I am sharing some dorks below, you can simply copy-paste the Google dorks in Google search and get 10000s of results where you can create comment backlinks.
This is one of the most effective ways to find comment backlink sources.
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” –“comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “keyword”
- site:.edu “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- site:.gov “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- inurl:(edu|gov) “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “comment” -”you must be logged in” -”posting closed” -”comment closed”
- site:.edu says” “leave a reply”
Google Dorks for Dofollow Comment Links
- “Notify me of follow-up comments?” “Submit the word you see below:”
- “Blog Comments Powered by Disqus”
- “Leave a new comment”
- “Comment on the Post”
- “Enter your comment:”
- “Comments on this entry:”
- “Sign in to comment on this entry.”
- “Comments (You may use HTML tags for style)”
- “Login or register to post comments”
- “Login or register to post or rate comments”
- “Leave a Reply” Name “(required)”‘ ‘Mail (will not be published) “(required)”‘ “Website”
- “You must be registered and logged in to leave comments.”
- “Sign in to Comment On this Entry”
Google Dork to Find CommentLuv Enabled Blogs
Most of the commentluv blogs give nofollow links but I still recommend you to create backlinks on such sites. 🙂
- “This blog uses premium CommentLuv”
- “The version of CommentLuv on this site is no longer supported.”
- ”if you have a website, link to it here” “post a new comment”
- “By submitting a comment here you grant this site a perpetual license to”
- “add comment” keyword / “add * comment”
- “post comment” keyword / “post * comment”
- keyword “leave a comment” / “leave * comment”
- keyword “no comments”
- Keywords “top commenter”
- Keywords “Notify me of follow-up comments”
- Keywords “You can use these tags”
- “This site uses KeywordLuv ”
- Top commenter Keyword(s)
- Top commenters Keyword(s)
- Top commentators Keyword(s)
- Keyword(s) “Recent Comments”
- keyword “notify me of follow-up comments”
So these were some dorks that you can use. Just copy paste the entire Google-dork on google and search. You can also add your keyword in the Google-dorks to find out relevant sources.
If you are not so cool in using Dorks then use DropMylink.com !!
I don’t feel the need to explain more on this.
Head over to dropmylink.com and use it. 🙂
Use this list as well 😛
I know it will be spammed soon but you can try out. Subscribe below to unlock the content.
Download the file: List of 150 URLs
The file contains 150+ links that you can use to create backlinks. These backlinks ALONE helped me rank for many keywords. 😉
You can use 3 ways !!!
- By Manually Blog Commenting
- By using Blog Comment Services from SEOClerks or Fiverr
- By Using Tools (NOT AT ALL RECOMMENDED – Will not be mentioning here)
Creating Blog Comment BackLinks Manually
This is what I prefer as it gives me the freedom to comment on sites where I wish to. And if you comment on relevant sites, there’s a good possibility that you can get traffic from it. Also, relevant blog commenting can help you establish a relationship with other authors and bloggers.
Once you collect the list from any of the above-given sources, all you need to do is comment on those sites with your link. Always write a good comment and try to avoid spammy comment/words as they get filtered by the comment system.
Use html tags only when the comment system allows you to. 🙂
Just follow this process:
- Make a list of around 50-100 blogs (Try to be relevant)
- Start commenting on 10-15 blogs daily.
- Keep track of your Rankings on Google
- If the rankings are improving, continue the process.
- If the rankings are stagnant and are stuck, it means that you need to switch your strategy. In such cases, you have to try to get some really good backlinks like “Contextual links”. You can do it by doing Guest Blogging, Skyscraper Technique, different outreach techniques etc.
Note: If you are doing event blogging, this method of creating backlinks can easily help you rank your event blog.
And if you are running a niche blog or amazon blog, this method cannot always bring you to the first page. But yes, it tends to boost the rankings. 🙂
Buying Blog Comment BackLinks from Marketplaces
There are many marketplaces where you can buy backlinks !! Among them, SEOClerks and Fiverr are the most famous.
You must have seen people selling 1000s of links in $5 !!! Well, those 1000s of links are shit. Those links are made from various tools.
However, there are some really good services which you can use to buy blog comment links. I personally used them and the quality of those links was not bad. At least, they helped me RANK.
This video shows analytics realtime traffic of one my blog which I ranked using comment Backlinks. Some links were made manually while some were bought using the services listed below.
You can get around 100-200 comment backlinks for 5$. A good deal if you are ready to outsource this part of your SEO strategy.
Let me link some services:
- 50 Dofollow Comment Backlinks for $2 – Check Now
- 200 DoFollow Blog Comments for $5 – Check Now
- 32 Dofollow Comment Backlinks for $1 – Check Now
- 132 Good Dofollow Comment Backlinks for $5 – Check Now (Personally Tried)
One good thing I like about these services is that they make links on blog pages where one have to first signup and then comment. This way a lot of spam is filtered out. 🙂
I have one more offer for you. You can get $5 on Seoclerks for FREE !!
- Join SEOClerks using my Link. Make sure to verify your Email.
- Share this blog post on Twitter and Facebook.
- Mail me your Seoclerks USERNAME and the link of your Facebook/Twitter share. (Mail at email@example.com)
- I will be sending you a Coupon of $5 for FREE. You redeem the coupon to get $5 SEOClerks Balance for free.
- This way you can try any service for FREE. 🙂
Note: The offer is applicable only ONCE per user. Moreover, the coupon will work only if you join using my link. Email verification is must otherwise the coupon will not work.
A very common question !!
You can’t really do much to index Backlinks, it’s all up to Google. Whenever Google crawls a website there’s a complete possibility that the comment links will get indexed.
But the thing is When will Google crawl a website?
If you are building comment backlinks on websites/blogs which get updated quite frequently, then there’s a good chance of getting the links indexed in less than a week since Google crawls such websites frequently.
However, if the blog is not getting updated regularly then its crawl rate will be low as well. Thus this is the major factor behind a link getting indexed or not.
What can you do ???
There can be some ways that you can try (though I cannot guarantee results)
- Make Web 2.0 (Ideally Blogspot blog) and create a post with all the URLs where you created comments. Index the post, there are many chances that Google will crawl the links you added in the post.
- You can try Backlink Indexing services like OneHourIndexing, etc.
I usually don’t do anything to index my links. It’s better to let them index automatically so that it looks much more natural. 🙂
This technique of building links is quite insecure in a way that Google can catch you anytime. However, if you play smart I don’t think you will be hit.
The video I posted is from a site that is still ranked #1 on many big keywords and the only links I made were comment backlinks. Moreover, Since I am ranked on #1, I got linked back by many authority sites and maybe that’s the reason Google haven’t taken any action.
The choice is yours !! But it’s worth trying. And if you are into Event Blogging, then this should be your main focus 😉