YouTube have always been a great source of earning for thousands of people. Some make money making Gadget reviews, some upload funny vines, some upload their talents and the list goes on. Its the best platform to showcase your videos, get some reach and start earning good amount from YouTube through AdSense or any other network.
Still not that easy !! There is a lot of competition in it as well, making a mobile review and expecting 1000 views is also not an easy task, but what if I introduce you a YouTube niche on which you can start making videos and easily get on top within no time. Maybe its because of the love for the niche or maybe the competition is still low as compared to what we have in other niches like Reviews, Gameplay videos, News, Vines niche.
So in this post I will cover up the following:
- A Niche that’s still new to 80% (or more) of my readers.
- How much wide the niche is ? Its scope and other metrics.
- How it works ?
- Live Examples !
- What does it takes to get the best results ?
- How to earn through it ?
- An overlooked niche to earn money using Youtube
Excited ?? I am sure many of you are. But let me first list the requirements
- A YouTube Channel
- Interest in Music/Songs
- Good Reaction Skills (You will know later)
- Good Internet Connection.
What are MV reaction Videos ?
Being a Hardcore music lover, I browse YouTube a lot to find the latest songs from across the world. Along with English songs, I have a huge interest in Latin, Arabic, French and Korean Music as well. So recently one of my Favorite Korean Band “BTS” (Bangtan boys) released a Music Video (Called as MV) of their latest song “Dope” (which also means Sick).
I just loved the song and replayed it many times, well I just went into Musical mood and started their playlist on Youtube. While listening to their songs I came across one MV reaction video of their latest release (DOPE).
Well watch it once 😉 (Don’t skip the videos, it explains a lot)
Varun Gupta Reacting to DOPE MV.
I went deeper in my research and found out that there were many people who upload MV reaction videos and again to my surprise over 80% of the videos I found had views in the range of 5000-200,000.
Quite impressive right ??
So basically coming back to the point,
An MV reaction is a video in which the a person watches a Music Video of a freshly released song for the first time and at the same time give reactions to it.
If you still think of what Reactions !!! then I highly recommend you to watch the above video as well as the one added below. You will enjoy this one as the girl just can’t control herself from shouting. (My favorite song that it, though in Korean).By the way do look out for the views and subscribers she got. 😉
Reacting to “I need u MV”
I guess now you are very well aware of what a Music reaction Video is. Lets jump onto the next part where you will be learning on how to make MV videos and How to Earn Money from your own MV videos.
How to Make MV reaction Videos
- You can simply use a camcorder/camera to record yourself while watching the video and then combine both the Youtube video and your video using any video editing tool.
- You can also use an App called ReactorTV to react to music videos. This app makes things simpler and time saving. The above video (Second video) is also made using this app.
Or you can do both the things simultaneously, to learn how to do it, just watch this tutorial video. This method will require you to practice a few times with the tool before actually making a MV reaction.
For the first Time I would just recommend you to record yourself using your webcam while watching the video. It will be a lot effective to get natural reactions out of you.
A Quick Research on MV Reaction Videos
Before getting into it, I would like to share with you the power of this niche. I picked up a song “I need you” which is a Korean Pop song with not so much popularity as compared to Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space”.So here’s a simple research. A simple YouTube search for the keyword “I need you MV reaction” will give you around 107,000 search results. A very big number indeed for a song with not much popularity.So these are the top 4 results that I got with the first result having 168,000 views while the fourth one with 60,000 views.
It doesn’t end here, this is a snap of the last 4 results of Page 10 of the same search query. The views here are around 6000-8000.
So What does it means ?
Well I checked many pages of the search results and here are my observations:
- Page 1 have the Best videos with each video having over 3000 Views.
- Most of page 1 videos are having good subscribers.
- Some videos on Page 8, 9, 10 have over 10,000 views.
- Most of the videos have a dislike rate of just 5%.
- Most of the videos with 10,000+ views have good number of comments.
- Over 80% of the videos having views less then 1000 are not at all optimized properly.
- Girls rule the niche. 😛
- HD Videos ranked better.
- All are monetized. (Except few)
- Korean Music is the best to target.
The answer is simple, they get views and more views. They get subscribers, they get social shares and the best thing is that they earn.
How to really make money out of reaction Videos
- Select a Music Genre or type.
- Create a channel.
- Start reacting to latest songs and upload those videos.
- Do Social sharing and try to target social media traffic as well.
- Monetize your Channel using AdSense.
So that’s it from this end. I will leave this here. But before that, few more tips 😛 haha
- Target Non-English Songs First. Indians can target Hindi Songs as well, it can definitely go well.
- Be Natural and don’t over-react in your Reaction Video.
- Make sure you react to the MV the first time you watch it.
- Make it entertaining – Learn from above examples.
- Post First or get Last.
- Keep proper tags & descriptions – Analyze top channels.
- Record in Good Quality.